Thursday, November 22, 2012

Creating books to celebrate family this CHRISTmas

These days we have the luxury of creating lovely photo books for gifts and it is a great Christmas gift for grandparents. After receiving a rather generous 40% plus free delivery discount from one of the photo labs I subscribe to, I began creating a year collage of memories. In the end I decided to buy one for our coffee table and for our adult kids.

I did spend some time creating the design cover in InDesign and Photoshop but you can add one photo and be done with it.

What I loved most about the software is that you can drag as many photos onto the page as you like and then click a button to arrange the photos. It slides them into position and you can choose different layouts – too EASY!

I am considering saving a copy of the finished album and using it as a template to do previous years (I never did keep up with my scrapbooking) and continue the tradition. I wish all of the family did one and we could swap at Christmas – now that would be cool!

I also devoted the last page to the kid's drawings and scribbles with their ages printed on them. This way we can look back on their paintings and little notes - very cute!

You can send friends or family invitations to view the album and buy for themselves too.

What do you think?

No comments:



 
The Positive Spirit Blog