Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Bursting to test out new backgrounds

First I need to apologise to my subscribers. I didn't realise the email updates where bringing up an error if I posted an image before text. I don't know how to correct this apart from remembering to write before an image. My emailed looked like spam. I am sorry for the confusion!

This week I have scanned in about 32 textured backgrounds I created, so I can mess around with illustrations, such as this. I can't tell you how much fun I had creating this illustration, nor how similar it this theme is, to some of the antics of our household. I finished just in time for this week's IF theme: Burst. I hope you like it.
Children's illustration testing my new backgrounds and a more sketchy approach

3 comments:

Tony LaRocca said...

Somebody take that sharp sword away from that toddler! (I love the expressions btw)

Cindy D. said...

I agree, that little terror needs a time out! It's a really fun style! Love the cat!

Kayleen West - Children Writer/Illustrator said...

Thanks Tony. It is typical of little boys who love adventure and know no boundaries keeping mums busy with anxiety. All too familiar sight in our home with my youngest who knows time out like he knows breakfast. Agreed Cindy, early to bed for that little one.



 
The Positive Spirit Blog