Saturday, August 11, 2012

I have Puppies on my Mind

I adopted a new baby two days ago. My 12 week old Toy Poodle is the apple of mummy's eye and in the spirit of this week's new arrival I did a watercolour for a friend’s 50th artist collection piece. Our Valley 10 group all have a collection of paintings from each member, received for one of their big "0" birthdays. I received my collection of paintings when I was 30. Christine is the last and final recipient and I thought it appropriate to create a fun illustration. The children's illustration is typical of one of the many joys of owning a puppy or a rambunctious dog.

I must do a poodle soon. My Boaz has had me in hysterics with his antics already, especially when he discovered the puppy in the wardrobe mirror and decided to challenge it. He couldn’t work out why he saw two mums either. I took a video of him in action. It was so funny. I have named him Sweet Boaz from the book of Ruth in the Bible. A beautiful love story and a beautiful dog.
The antics of rambunctious puppies. Watercolour illustration.
My new baby - Boaz

2 comments:

Jarm Del Boccio said...

Boaz...I like it, Kayleen! We had a sweet kitty named "Hephzibah" who was near and dear to us. I prefer names with character, and you chose a good one. The drawing is charming...so like a puppy!

Kayleen West - Children Writer/Illustrator said...

Thanks Jarm. He is a sweety but not paper trained as firt thought!



 
The Positive Spirit Blog