Friday, August 24, 2012

Childrens Illustration: Poodle Puppy Boaz


Still on the theme of poodle puppies (after me new baby Boaz arrived) I have just put this illustration on my website today. I did the drawing in my sketchbook earlier this week and finished a colour sketch on my iPad with the Brushes app. I got a few drawings ready in the app for times I am watching TV or out and want something to work on. So many sketches just get left in my sketchbooks and could make very cool additions to my portfolio.

I have had a down time where I haven’t sketched much and it was really getting to me. Once I start again I literally dream about drawing in my sleep!

Brushes have a cool application where you can play back your painting like a speed painting. The only trouble is I can't figure out how to upload it on here for you - pitty as it looks cool seeing it develope. Any ideas?
Colour Illustration completed in Brushes app on an iPad2
Patiently waiting for Boaz to take a pee I was not about to wait the time watching.
Sketched in the attempt to capture his cheeky character.

2 comments:

Jarm Del Boccio said...

What a sweetie! He seems quite a character. I just want to reach out and squeeze him, Kayleen. You've given him personality!

Kayleen West - Children Writer/Illustrator said...

Hi Jarm, Personality plus in this llittle guy. I should have called him shadow because he loves his mum big time. BTW I have been sketching hedgehogs this week also :-)



 
The Positive Spirit Blog