Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Painting A Sketchbook Cover


I had a few hours of peace today as my hubby took the boys out so I could have a break from the holiday noise (something I am not sure I will ever get used to). I finished the cover for The Sketchbook Project sketchbook so I can officially say I have finished YAY!!!

I did video it but my IPad battery went flat half way through and I was so disappointed I couldn’t share the whole process with you. I wasn't sure where I was going to go with the cover and just let it happen. Anyway it feels good to finish the sketchbook and only have my own private sketchbooks to work on now. I have entered the year rearing to sketch fervently and more frequently than last year (even though I did sketch quite l lot last year).
   
The cover completed for The Sketchbook Project - Now it is time to mail it in!
 
I used Ink, Copic Markers, watercolour and acrylic

3 comments:

Jarm Del Boccio said...

It is amazing, Kayleen, what you are doing with the iPad...good for you! And blessings on your husband for giving you a few hours to work!

randomrose said...

Congratulations, how exciting and a wonderful job as well. Yipppeeeee! :))

Kayleen West - Children Writer/Illustrator said...

Thanks ladies.



 
The Positive Spirit Blog