Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Landscape Painting on an IPad with Sketchbook Pro

I just realised I have to blog text first then images for your email notifications. Sorry to my subscribers who have been receiving odd looking notifications. Hopefully I have the answer now.

This morning I decided to play with my new IPad and do my first sketch in my area. I couldn't wait so I loaded on the Sketchbook Pro app and finally painted the view of the Lake. I did think I should have filmed it so you could see the process so I will keep that in mind. I might do a portrait on it as a tutorial as most people like a good portrait tutorial.
IPad paint using SketchBook Pro app - Lilydale Lake

 And this was one I did whilst waiting in hospital for hours a few weeks ago. I read my bible mostly but I did get this little baby roughly illustrated. I will do something more with him later. I can't remember which app I was testing though sorry.
Children's Illustration done on an IPad



2 comments:

Liyin said...

I absolutely LOVE what you've done on the iPad! The paintings look so much like acrylic on canvas. How did you do it? I'm learning from you. Thanks for inspiring me with this technique.

And thank you for your kind comment on my blog. Happy New Year! :)

Kayleen West - Children Writer/Illustrator said...

Hi Liyin. I just painted as I would an oil painting using a stylus for IPad. I used semi trasparent colours so I could blend and a rough brush. I will try film one so I can put a video up so you can see the process. It was fun to do.



 
The Positive Spirit Blog