Monday, December 19, 2011

The Sketchbook Project 2012 pages 24-26

Page 24 "Separated"
The owl was inspired by a recent purchase of a couple of back packs I bought on Ebay. These cute owls I use to hide away my scrap painting rags and shopping plastic bags. They brighten up my studio and hide away plenty of bags and rags. (Nifty stuff)


You can see 3 scribbles here before I added the water and extra lines. Click to enlarge photo


Pages 25 (Sink) & 26 Random Scribbles with Intense Pencils

I have been testing out my new set of Derwent Inktense pencils and combining them with my watercolour pencils. I am using pencils more and more in my work and with water soluble pencils the possibilities are endless. I love to scribble and create imagery from my imagination and I used page 26 to develop quick scribbles into simple, spontaneous drawings. I think it is the surprise element I enjoy from playing around like this. I would encourage anyone to doodle/scribble more often and see what comes of it.

2 comments:

Karen Sagovac said...

Love the little mouse bathing in the sink pipe! Inktense pencils sound interesting - will have to check them out. Thanks for the tip! :)

Kayleen West - Children Writer/Illustrator said...

They are very similar to the watercolour pencils Karen. I plan to do some material evaluations on my blog in the new year.



 
The Positive Spirit Blog