Sunday, December 04, 2011

The Sketchbook Project 2012 pages 19-20


I have been collecting boxes lately to test out the brown backing for sketches. I have always loved sepia drawings and using a coloured surface such as this enables me to use white pencil also. I did these two drawings from ice-cream and muesli bar boxes. I intend on taking these scanned sketches into Photoshop for some work at a later stage.

It just goes to show that you can use anything for sketching up ideas and random doodling. I wouldn’t be selling it as a framed work as I doubt the longevity of the paper but there is nothing wrong with messing around in your sketchbook with anything lying around.


WINNER:
Firts a big congratulations to Julie.W from Queensland who was the first to respond to my newsletter competition. I hope you are enjoying your copy of Children's Writers Market Book.

2 comments:

Edna Mara said...

I really love your work!!!

Jenni Price illustration said...

Love this idea of sketching on cardboard! I might need to give it a try myself. I like the sepia "look" also and your illustration turned out great!



 
The Positive Spirit Blog