Tuesday, December 06, 2011

The Sketchbook Project 2012 page 23 - Brigade

Illustration Friday's theme this week is Brigade. I have missed a few weeks and feeling convicted, I sketched out this illustration in my Sketchbook Project book. I have been focusing on the 30 day writing challenge this past month. I wasn't that happy with the position of the boy fire-fighter. He blends in with the baby elephant too much. I hope you can work it out. That is the beauty of sketchbooks; they are beginnings not finals.

I am enjoying working on the recycled card (see blog post) I used coloured pencils and Copic markers for this illustration. Unexpectedly the Copic markers worked well on the card. I will have to use them more on toned card I think.

3 comments:

Vicki a.k.a. Jarm said...

Kayleen, your artwork continues to be a delight...keep up the good work. I'm amazed you have so much time to spare with 3 little ones. You must be a master of your schedule.
Blessings!

Kayleen West - Children Writer and Illustrator said...

Hi Vicki (Jarm? which name do you prefer?) I am amazed too sometimes. I have spent some consideration prioritising my life to exclude many things to allow time to create whilst raising healthy kids. It is a juggle and I drop the balls occasionally but well worth it.

randomrose said...

I can see what you mean about the boy and the elephant, but, only because you pointed it out. When I first looked at it without reading first (I can't wait to see the drawings, then I read) it was just fine. We are so critical of our own work.

I too, marvel at your life with little ones and still creating..big congrats on that.



 
The Positive Spirit Blog