Monday, October 17, 2011

Scattered Children's Illustrator

They scattered and poor skunk was more embarrased than ever before.

I spent the day finishing a children's illustration for my portfolio. I used the Illustration Friday them "Scattered" and created this poor little skunk. He reminds me of a certain little boy who often vacates the room with his gassy behind. 

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed doing this illustration. The theme was so relevant for me this week as I have felt so scattered after 3 weeks of school holidays and trying to work around the kids for weeks. Today was first day back and I totally indulged in my studio haven. Ahhhh what a life. I LOVE illustrating and I LOVE watercolours.

12 comments:

Lisa M Griffin said...

wonderful! I love how the skunk looks quite peaceful about what he is doing to the others. :)

caela said...

hehe I love the animals and I love the way you have drawn their feet :)

MiKa Art said...

Hahaha! My dog was sprayed once and we are really careful now.
Wonderful illo!

Linda Hensley said...

Great job!

Nessa Dee said...

Poor little skunk! Very nicely executed!

Sarah's Imagination said...

What a little stinker! Beautiful illustration.

Chavah Billin said...

Really great style... love the trees!

Caroline said...

Oh, this is so delightful!! Thanks for your visit too!

Kayleen West - Illustrator said...

Thank you for visiting friends. I have been so motivated since this illustration. Painting like a mad women.

Jenni Price illustration said...

Wonderful job! I like how you used cool colors in the background with warmer in the foreground...it has a nice effect!

AtelierBrigitte said...

You have the most wonderful pieces on your blog!

Kayleen West - Illustrator said...

Thanks girls. Jenni every time you visit I get the quilts that I haven't made pancakes with the kids yet.



 
The Positive Spirit Blog