Saturday, October 22, 2011

Fuel while I illustrate using Mixed-media

Fuel - I LOVE coffee and use it to fuel me as I work. It is my drug of choice.

Sketchbook Project Page - Wild Creative Passion Illustration

Sketchbook Project Page - Miss Sketchbook Illustration
What have I been missing? Collage is so much fun. I feel like a kid again playing with paper, paint and ink. Not to mention I have found a great way to recycle the ridiculous quantities of junk mail I get and usually bin. I think you will see more of this sort of illustration as I build up more examples for my editorial illustration portfolio.

11 comments:

Coreopsis said...

These are fun! I especially like the coffee mug one.

Indigene said...

They are wonderful and fun! You have a knack for them, too! :)

Caroline said...

Wonderfully jaunty! Great colours too. I'll look forward to more.

Kayleen West - Illustrator said...

Thanks girls. I recruted the kids yesterday and we went nuts for hours playing with collage.

Christine said...

Love your use of collage, tea is my fuel!

TrisTania said...

I really like all of them!

Kayleen West - Illustrator said...

Christine I have tried tea and really wanted to like tea (especially green tea) but alas no. It tastes like dish water to me LOL I have to add a fruit teabag to the green tea to drink it!

Thanks Tis and thanks for visiting my blog :-)

Cathy Holtom said...

Great collages! I like the variety in your work, your sketchbook is looking really good too.

Sainz Design said...

Love the way you use text on your illustrations.

Kayleen West - Illustrator said...

Thanks cathy and Sainz. I am itching to do more!

Lisa M Griffin said...

wonderful collage illustrations. the combination of color and textures are quite appealing... as is the COFFEE art. I can relate so very well. :)



 
The Positive Spirit Blog