Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Exhibition at Wyreena by Jodi Pratt

Painting by Jodi Pratt - Highly recommend the exhibition at Wyreena!
Cutting loose from the daily grind I ventured out yesterday to visit Jodi Pratt's solo exhibition at Wyrenna Gallery. I really love Jodi's work and apparently I am not the only one. Most of her paintings were littered with those wonderfully rewarding red dots an artist enjoys after hours of hard work. I was delighted to see her self-deserving paintings reserved for appreciative homes.

Deliberating over what to paint for our bedroom I was inspired to have a play with a bit of collage myself. I have a landscape canvas painted with the bedroom feature wall colour waiting for an image but deliberating on the painting approach. I think I will use yesterday's inspiration to create something lovely for us.

Jodi's exhibition called Vibrant look at four seasons is on until the 27th August at the Wyreena Gallery, 13-23 Hull Road Croydon Victoria. The gallery is open 9am-4pm weekdays and 9am-3pm Saturdays. They have a lovely little coffee shop and eating area and other handmade jewellery and crafts on display as well. I picked up a lovely set of earrings and bracelet myself. I really wanted a painting but knew my hubby would freak.

to see more by Jodi you can visit her website here: Jody Studio Arts

1 comment:

jody said...

Hi Kayleen
Thank you so much for a wonderful article about the exhib, i love that it has inspired you :)
It is a beautiful gallery to hold an exhib, it's a bit far out (form me anyway) but worth it and actually i have really fallen in love with the area over there particularly Healesville (a bit further on)
Love your illustrations by the way and yes i love dummy books too!
FYI - As well as freelancing i also run the office of Illustrators Australia 2 days per week (a non-profit org that helps Australian illustrators promote themselves) - if ever you think of joining anything like us let me know, would be happy to have you as a full member, website illustratorsaustralia(dot)com
Anyway thank you so much for getting along and I'll be sure to keep in touch to your blog
Jody :)



 
The Positive Spirit Blog