Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Easter is not just about the chocolate eggs - Easter Card Design Illustration

I wanted to design an Easter card this year that was sweet but honest. We all love the Easter eggs which are symbolic of new life however as a Christian, I believe that Easter is all about the intentional sacrifice Jesus made on the cross for all of us and that he was raised from the dead conquering death. Although the suffering was horrific, the victory was is something to celebrate. Out of gratitude I have created this illustration for an Easter gift card.


Watercolour - Easter Card Illustration

I hope you all have an amazing, chocolate-filled, safe Easter with your family and friends.
 
Now I have to get reference together for Palm Sunday. Careforce Church is having a Palm Sunday service on the 17th of this month. I have been asked to paint on stage while Anna White-Akins speaks on the events that had to happen before the crucifixion. The series is called Unstoppable. The vision I got was pieces of a puzzle, when put together resulted in the inevitable, intentional and essential sacrifice at Calvary. I will post what artwork eventuates after Palm Sunday. 


All are welcome. If you are local enough I would love you to come along and make sure you introduce yourself after the service. I would love to meet the people who regularly read my blog. You don’t need to be a Christian to come along.

2 comments:

Life's Beautiful Path said...

Wonderful! Oh, I wish I could watch you paint at church. What a gift to share with all. I am glad you are trying to put Christ back in Easter.

Jennifer Noel Bower said...

Hi Kayleen! So thrilled you left a comment on my blog yesterday. Thank you. I love seeing another illustrator who is not afraid to profess her love for God. Ironic - I've run across and really enjoyed seeing your work in several places on the WWW this week. I look forward to following your blog and learning more from and about you.

You have such a lovely gift with watercolors. I love the medium but find it impatiently impossible to work with.



 
The Positive Spirit Blog