Monday, December 06, 2010

Our kids think we are prehistoric


Have you heard the saying "What goes around, comes around"?
I remember teasing my mother when she turned 30 calling her an old fossil, thinking she was so old. I also remember my first payback when my son was about 5 (now 22). He pointed to a framed record on the wall and asked: " what is that big CD mummy? Obviously he had never seen a record before.


I thought this would make a great them for this week's Illustration Friday theme "Prehistoric" so I did a quick digital sketch tonight before bed.

7 comments:

arihoma said...

How funny, we thought in the same way :) Cute illustration and I totally agree!

Juan said...

A lovely interpretation of this weeks theme!

Jehanne said...

ahh so true :)
Great illustration!

Becky said...

Wonderful. I like this a lot. I wonder when CD's will be gone to the way side too. I know so many kids that just download things from on line to their ipods.

Faruffa said...

adorable!!!

Caroline said...

Great! Makes you wonder how it'll be in another 10 years (or sooner!).

Bella Sinclair said...

HAHAHA! Oh, how TRUE this is! Cassette tapes...phones with cords....walkman.... Boy, I feel like a dinosaur!

Adorable illo!



 
The Positive Spirit Blog