Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Love Propagated

This week's Illustration Friday theme is "Propagate".
I decided to do a children's illustration dedicated to a special person in my church as a farewell gift. Scott Hawkins is a youth pastor at our church and wonderful man who is very much loved by young and old. During his time at Careforce he has impacted many lives. I personally have beeen impacted by his preaching in the past and it has planted seeds for me that helped me grow. I completed an illustration yesterday that is an expression of "love propagated". I was inspired to paint something that represented how one person can influence many lives for the better. The many children in the painting are all trying to express their love in return. The ladders represent the help to step up in life (wisdom, supportive words and friendship). He has recieved and encouraged many young people.

I chose scripture that says it all.
And whoso shall receive one such child in my name receivith me - Matthew 18:5
I am sure he will be hearing the words "I am well pleased" one day.

This also came to mind: Psalms 127:1-5 (particularly 5)
1Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.
2It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep. 3Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. 4As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. 5Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate

The sketch before I painted it.

Sorry about that to those who received a blank post notification. I accidentally hit a shortcut meaning to make a capital "P" and must have hit CTRL + P

3 comments:

Nancy Bea Miller said...

It's a heartwarming piece!

theartofpuro said...

Wonderful illo!LOve is in the air!Great colours!

Krista said...

Oh, what love! What an honor to Scott, I'm sure he was thrilled! And what a blessing he seems to be to so many.



 
The Positive Spirit Blog