Thursday, February 11, 2010

Black Saturday Art Auction - Profits to CFA

Both paintings - SOLD

These 2 Acrylic paintings were painted live on stage at Careforce Church Mt Evelyn during the Black Saturday Remembrance Services on Sunday 7th February 2010.

The remembrance service was focused on understanding the long process of recovery and how to support those still struggling with the effects of the Victorian Fires in 2009. The service ended with the positive message of restoration and new beginnings. I had to time the painting to reflect the message and end with the positive visual. I started painting the bushfire scene and finished by overlapping a dominating window depicting new growth over the harsh background. The new green grass and sprouted tree represented hope and new life out devestation.

These 2 paintings are being sold to raise funds for the CFA. 


*Sale Ended
 
All paintings are in artist quality acrylic and painted on a wide stretched primed cotton canvas Can be hung without a frame. You will need to attach hangers on the back before hanging

5 comments:

marry said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kayleen West said...

Thank Mary. I am glad you are enjoying it.

Dissertation Writing service said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amy King said...

Hello Kayleen. I actually bought this painting off Andrew a few years ago. Many people comment and love it, as do. Id love to see an image of the other painting you completed as I have been unable to find it! Kind Regards , Amy

Kayleen West - Children Author/Illustrator said...

Hi Amy,

I am happy to send you the images if you email me. Just go to my website and email me your email address and I will send you the others. They have had interesting stories around their new homes too.

www.kayleenwest.com.au

Kayleen



 
The Positive Spirit Blog