Friday, September 18, 2009

Toys for Illustrators

I am so excited! I finally bit the bullet and purchased a Cintiq 21UX interactive Monitor. It is a big purchase for me but I really feel will be a valuable piece of equipment in my journey as an illustrator and artist.
Two things I have wanted for a long time is a full-sized weighted studio easel and a large interactive Wacom Monitor. I don’t have the easel yet but soon I will be the enthusiastic owner of a Cintiq. Prices have dropped considerably and I felt it was time to invest. After reading reviews and recommendations by other artist, I began shopping around. I found a good price at Gismomart in Sydney. I had to laugh when I saw it was listed in my history sidebar as 'Toys for Grownups'.
I have been content with my Wacom Intuos 3 (found on Ebay), however this monitor will make sketching and free-hand work much easier. Combining traditional art with digital has been a lot of fun and it looks like it is about to become even more enjoyable!
P.S: Gismomart is not an affiliate. I posted the link in case you are shopping around too.

No comments:



 
The Positive Spirit Blog