Friday, September 25, 2009

Poetry and testing my new Cintiq 21UX



Through the quiet of the night,
Creative vision takes flight.
I couldn’t sleep Tuesday night as poems and stories flooded my mind. I got up and hastily jotted all I that came to me. I find if I leave my ideas until morning they fade. I switched on the light to scribble notes onto a pad beside the bed thinking it was a brief creative insight, but when I lied back down multiple creative ideas materialised forcing me out of bed. In the past my best ideas have come when I am about to go to sleep. Does this happen to you?

I would like to come up with my own entertaining text to make a book dummy from. I can then illustrate a few final samples for my folio. English was not one of my strongest subjects at school but I have always had a passion for journaling, poetry and reading.

Once out of bed I began writing a poem/story and by 2am I had the framework, of what appears to be an entertaining, but ethical children’s story in poem. I was surprised at what flowed off the pen and to be honest I don’t know if I really wrote it. God has been leading me down this path and I think He has quite a bit to do with the inspiration that night. After I polish it I will run it by an expert for criticism. Who knows it may be acceptable.


Testing, testing 1, 2, 3.....4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10/10
You could not have seen a more excited lady yesterday morning. While posting my entry for The Cricket prize competition, Rob my friendly post master handed me the parcels I was hoping for. I immediately unpacked my Cintiq, assembled it and took it for a test run. I worked on an illustration I was doing for Quilts for Orphans into the night. I cannot tell you how much better it is to work on one of these. I loved my little Wacom Intuos 3 but this is out of sight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:)



 
The Positive Spirit Blog