Friday, September 18, 2009

Getting It All Togeher

Hooray!
My new Children’s Illustration business cards are printed. It is exciting to get printed material back after deliberating over the design. Using some of my illustrations I overlapped them like a collage for back of the card using Photoshop. I used a simple cute illustration of a bird on the front. I wanted the information to be read easily but a more descriptive impression of what I can do on the back.
I have never seen an illustrator’s business card before so it was a personal choice. Fine artists are usually very minimal but I wanted this card to be fun so chose a pretty busy colourful back. I will lay bets in 12 months time I will want to make new ones but for now I have something in hand. With that taken care of and loads of studying this week I need to do some more hands on work....painting!.

2 comments:

Cheryl Lynn said...

Your cards are beautiful. Very inspirational. I've experimented with a number of different designs and I think I've finally came up with something I like.

How exciting for you and your venture into the world of children's illustration! Thanks for sharing.

Have a great weekend.

Kayleen West-Black said...

Good luck with your cards Cheryl, Lynn and thanks for stopping by again.



 
The Positive Spirit Blog