Saturday, August 01, 2009

Childrens book spread - modify


This is a classic example of how much we may modify our original idea. I was flicking through some old sketch books for some inspiration for a double page children's book spread. I spent the day playing with the image in Photoshop scribbling away in my imagination. This is what I came up with. It is hardly finished but I managed to get a bit done. Pretty tired again at 2.15am though. I need is a sentence to go with it. Any ideas?

This is my sketch I did first as a ground for the illustration. I layed colour under the sketch then over it keeping some of the line work.

This is the original sketch from my old sketchbook. I loved re-visiting the books with sketches of my kiddies from as early as babies. My eldest is 21 now! Great to look back on.

6 comments:

Emila Yusof said...

beautiful work!!

Indigene said...

I love seeing the process, this is wonderful!

Nothinglikeit said...

Nice evolution post - I love to see the origin of a clever idea!

Kayleen West Black said...

Thank guys. It is the first spread I have attempted and was just playing around a bit. I will post the end result.

I love watching other people's process too so I try to post mine to share. I now have the software to record video as well so I plan to makes some clips soon too. Any tips are gratefully welcomed!

Edrian Thomidis said...

This is a wonderful spread. It really tells a story. Thanks for showing us the progress and evolution. It's always nice to see how other artists work.


Edrian | View my blog"

Art Fan Ako said...

Cool changes! Splendid work.



 
The Positive Spirit Blog