Friday, September 12, 2008

Carlie - Portrait Demo in Oil



On Saturday 6th September I demonstrated oil portrait painting at for the Sherbrooke Art Society. I decided to do a child's portrait as children are difficult to paint and i thought it would be a good thing to demonstrate for the members.

I painted the portrait in minimal colours and finished the painting in my studio as an hour and a half demonstration is far from enough time to complete a portrait in oil.

I have uploaded a two page PDF of the stages for anyone who would like to see the progress photos.

Colours used were:
  • Terra Rossa (similar to Indian Red)
  • Ivory Black
  • Titanium White
  • Sky Blue

4 comments:

Jean Levert Hood said...

Wow! This is just gorgeous, Kayleen!

Kayleen West. said...

Thanks Jean,
She is a sweety hey!

Art Fan Ako said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful work!



 
The Positive Spirit Blog