Monday, February 18, 2008

Moving forward on Ayres Rock

Stage 3: Rainbow Over Ayres Rock
Oil Painting
Contrary to my last post I have not worked much of the foreground. Instead I wanted to work the sky more, lift out the rainbow and finish Ayres rock. I did manage to lift the rainbow however it is too yellow and will need reworking. The sky has improved however I need to remove some of the yellow in the lower area and work the horizon so it ties the foreground in better and i need to darken it. It is difficult to tie in the top part of the painting as the colours are so different to the lower half and although the scene was like that, a painting need to be more harmonious so I have a challenge in representing the experience as real as possible but in keeping with a good painting.
The next painting I will be posting will be a portrait of my 19 year old son Timothy. I am working on this painting in between as I wait for dying of the Ayres Rock Painting.
To view the previous stages of Rainbow Over Ayres Rock Click links below:
Stage One
Stage Two

4 comments:

Jean Levert Hood said...

Kayleen, it's coming along beautifully!

Elena said...

Amazing colours. Not an easy subject to paint (says me who knows nought about landscape painting) but you've done it well.
God Bless,
Elena :)

Lauren said...

Great idea Kayleen! Glad to see you doing some painting too :-) Catch up soon!

Kayleen West. said...

Thanks Jean, Elena and Lauren.
Elena I don't think you need to know how to paint to know what you love. Painting something people can enjoy is the best part of creating art and it is lovely to get this kind of feedback as it makes it even more worth while.



 
The Positive Spirit Blog