Wednesday, July 04, 2007

That Is Disgusting


Oh my goodness it has been over a month since my last post. What happened to twice a week posting?
Let me feel? Hmmm no still breathing. Just like last year the month of June is overwhelming. About five birthdays including a big 16th bash for my daughter and web work flooded in that month.
We are in the middle of winter here and already I am pining for the warmer weather. It is cold, wet and windy, or did I have too many egg sandwiches yesterday? No wait that’s warm wind isn’t it?
Anyho I am not fond of winter, but the rain has been a blessing and a prayer answered.
To all my Christian readers, I would really appreciate some prayer right now. Please pray for strength, patience, wisdom and protection, as I am feeling rather venerable of late.
I have been praying for a close friend, who needs to deal with something hidden, that is inhibiting him and his relationships. I have been worrying that these things would not surface and so never be dealt with. I am very aware of how God heals and how the hidden needs to be revealed before god can do His wonders in us. Last night I went to my small group meeting and I should have asked for prayer but didn’t, however God pointed me to the book of Daniel. Although it was quite late, I felt a definite prompting to start reading Daniel and as I read, the following passage jumped out at me.
Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever;
Wisdom and power are his
He changes times and seasons;
He sets up kings and disposes them.
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning.
He reviels deep and hidden things;
He knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with him.
I thank and praise you, O God of my fathers:
You have given me wisdom and power.
You have made known to me what we asked of you,
You have made knowm to us the dream of the king.
Do you think God is telling me to relax as He is taking care of it?
I have experienced so much proof of the power of God over the past months and yet still at times I worry.
I know this is a sin to worry and Jesus wants nothing less than a peaceful heart for us all, but it creeps in now and then. Don’t you just hate being human and flawed?
Over the past few weeks our dogs became quite sick possible with kennel cough. About nine days ago, I became quite anxious, as I have watched both dogs getting worse. It became obvious, that a vet was needed.
My little jack Russel ‘Missy’ was coughing and wheezing non-stop. Witnessing this coughing fit, I had an impulse and with authority I quickly knelt down, placing my hands on her head and demanded healing. All I said was “In Jesus name heal “
My dog stopped coughing the very second I finished those words and I didn’t hear her make a sound for a whole week. Missy is inside with me where I work and after a week I heard her make a small cough and so I repeated the prayer and she has been fine since. This is the second time I have witnessed the power of the name of Jesus this way. The previous time was with my daughter, while waiting for an ambulance.
I know I have no special power to heal, but I am amazed that I can use the name of Jesus with so much success. At first I felt foolish to try this but on these two occasions where I just had to give it a go – it actually worked. Praise to God.
Now to my non-Christian readers, I am sure you think I am off my rocker and that is ok. Twelve months ago I would have thought the same. Fortunately the Lord has been pretty obvious with me and so I can believe with full conviction. Nevertheless, possibly, with the help of the Spirit of God, my words may have at least made you curious enough to ask yourself about the relationship you could be having with a powerful and very forgiving and gracious God and how exciting it could be.
Finally Congratulation to my dear friend Lauren, who recently closed the gap in her relationship with our heavenly father through Jesus and was baptised yesterday. This is a fresh start for you Lauren and blessing are coming your way for sure my friend!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Thanks Kayleen!

Just remember that God is one with Jesus and Jesus is one with you! Nothing can hurt you, Jesus is with you!

The Epiphany Artist said...

Let nothing disturb you; Nothing frighten you. All things are passing. God never changes. Patience obtains all things. Nothing is wanting to him who possesses God. God alone suffices.
St. Teresa Avila

Kayleen West. said...

Thankx ladies.
There is that word again 'patience'
It is hard to have so much patience some times

Lauren said...

So nice to know we aren't alone too.
*hugs*



 
The Positive Spirit Blog