Saturday, April 28, 2007

Winding down with a laugh


I took a photo of the paintings at Sherbrooke Gallery Exhibit on Thursday when visiting with a friend and it amazes me the amount of work behind this small display. Nine paintings in total (one not in view) and months of preparation. We work so hard for our craft I wonder how many really appreciate the effort behind painting.
The paintings come down tomorrow afternoon and I will be adding the work to my gallery with descriptions in the next week. I have had very positive feedback, especially on the "Sea Prince" painting and the writing accompanying the work.


This morning my inbox was full but I pulled this from the email to share a "funny" with you this morning.
REAL NEWSPAPER ADS

FREE YORKSHIRE TERRIER.
8 years old. Hateful little dog. Bites.

FREE PUPPIES:
1/2 Cocker Spaniel, 1/2 sneaky neighbour's dog.

FREE PUPPIES...
Mother, German Shepherd.
Father, Super Dog...able to leap tall fences in a single bound.

FOUND - DIRTY WHITE DOG.
Looks like a rat... been out a while.
Better be a reward.

WEDDING DRESS FOR SALE.
WORN ONCE BY MISTAKE.
Call Stephanie.

FOR SALE BY OWNER:
Complete set of Encyclopedia Britannica, 45 volumes.
Excellent condition.
$1,000 or best offer.
No longer needed, got married last month... Wife knows everything!

... wise man hehe

2 comments:

Daniel Sanger said...

wow Kayleen! They look fantastic - I love the first one! It kind of reminds me of those classic french posters - with the way you've done the flowers. Great stuff!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic work, you are truley insirational. I wish I could've made it to the exhibition! Beautiful!



 
The Positive Spirit Blog