Saturday, March 03, 2007

What is really big and tough?

Large (Really big) paintings have always been my most difficult challenge.
I have a large 4x5 foot (1.2 x1.5 Mtr) stretched canvas I started late last year. Big works take real concentrated effort and are tiring. This is going to be my next commitment - painting challenge.

I have been eyeing my large painting off this week and itching to get back into it. I have painted very little since I started the business coaching classes last month.
The painting is a figurative painting using patterned elements in the background. My daughter is the model and I have her standing in a very theatrical pose.
My new paintings explore both emotional and spiritual themes and experiences of women today, using vivid colours and mixed media. I plan to exhibit later this collection of paintings later this year. All my paintings for this series have small scale until now even though the exhibit will be predominantly paintings around 1mtr Square.
I will update my progress. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

The Epiphany Artist said...

I have a huge canvas that I bought last year... I have not even ripped the plastic off of it yet. Lots of art dreams for it though;)

Kayleen West.- Stewart said...

Yes turning dreams into reality is the challenge.

Lauren said...

Good luck with that big canvas! Just get in there and do it and you'll probably find it's not as bad as you first thought.



 
The Positive Spirit Blog