Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Self portrait Wednesday - Purim & bears

Ok, ok so I have been slack with Self-portrait Wednesday. I am a busy girl.
Today’s photo is a silly hat I made in a desperate hurry for a fancy dress hat for cell group meeting last night. We were studying the story of Esther from the Old Testament and the hats together with noisy instruments where used to introduce the celebration of the festival of Purim. I quickly grabbed ten little teddy bears and attached them to an old painting hat with a cord. I didn’t have time to create anything wild and wonderful but surprisingly it was a hit on the night. The hat got a little heavy in the end though.

We took turns reading the different chapters of Esther and each time the hero was mentioned we where to cheer and rattle our instruments and when the enemy of the Jews was mentioned the reception was the opposite.

I have a collection of dressed bears and the pastel painting displayed below is my favourite bear. This teddy bear is especially loved because he had a face that says I have a heart of gold!



This Painting is available for sale

2 comments:

mike said...

Your hat looks awesome!!!
MIKE "teddy bear"

Vicki a.k.a. Jarm said...

Wish I could join you in your interactive Bible Study!



 
The Positive Spirit Blog