Saturday, March 10, 2007

Artist Indoor Outdoor and on the Internet

Whoops it has been a week without posting. I wonder if anyone missed me?
I have been processing al the material from the art promotion class this week and quite active with appointments etc.I wandered out on Wednesday with my artist friend Barbara Beasley Southgate and we painted on location down a walking track in Seville. Barbara was the wise one choosing to paint the beautiful gums. I however decided to take on the challenge to do a nothing subject and make it something to prove that you can create a nice painting from the least obvious of subject. I think the idea backfired as no masterpiece evolved. Nerveless I posted it here just for a sticky beak. Maybe I might play with it at a later date?
Two and a half hours into the painting and very sunburnt.

My nothing-painting subject
I still haven’t started on the large painting but I am itching to get going and time is running out this month.
I have spent two days this week working on my web site and although I have to still fill in the descriptions for the paintings you can take a look at the new changes. I am pleased with the changes to date.

3 comments:

The Epiphany Artist said...

I like your painting better than the photo!

Kathleen Rietz said...

Very beautiful! I miss you on Illustration Friday! You are a very talented woman.

-kate

Kayleen West. said...

Hi Kate
Sorry about If. It has been frantic my side and I will get back to it I promise. Thanks for your kind words and to you too epiphany
Kayleen



 
The Positive Spirit Blog