Saturday, February 24, 2007

You are not defined by what you do

Who are you?

Today’s Reflections:

I have so many precious reflections. I want to record them for myself but also to share them with anyone who may possibly enjoy them.

You are not defined by what you do; you are refined by all your experiences.
This is so relevant to everyone.
I heard something very similar the other day at gym. I was watching Opera interviewing Sheryl Crow.
TV at a gym is great but I am taking a note pad in future!

We are not a parent or child, an artist, a garbage collector, a lawyer, a politician, a bookkeeper, a wife, a brother or sister, or a homeless, disabled or ill person. We are all people loved by God and defining ourselves each and everyday by the way we behave and the choices we make with the experiences we are presented with. We choose who we become. We can choose to be loving or hateful.


So who are you or who do you want to be?

So lets us recap:
I just had to add this to my blog because it spoke so loudly. I thought it was a good reminder of the fact we are all special and NOT defined by our social status or occupation.

We are how we behave and even then that behaviour can change at any given time.
We chose who we are by the person we become, not the profession or economic status.
Today I see myself as how God would see me rather than my parents or other people.
I am a work in progress but I now like much more of what I see.
This is a far more accurate assessment.
Kayleen

2 comments:

nancy v-b said...

Kathleen, I needed to hear this again! Sometimes it's hard to let go of what you've been doing, because that's how you've seen yourself for so long.

I can easily tell other people, "You are more" but find it hard to give that to myself --thanks for this!!

Kayleen West.- Stewart said...

Hi Nancy,
Yes I just had to add this to my blog because it spoke so loudly. I thought it was a good reminder of the fact we are all special and NOT defined by our social status or occupation.

We are how we behave and even then can change at any given time.
Today I see myself as how God would see me rather than my parents or other people. This is a far more accurate assessment.
Kayleen



 
The Positive Spirit Blog