Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Drawing Flowers – Waratah in the afternoon.


Click on image for larger image

These natives flower have always impressed me. So complicated and unique.
At first I asked myself: "do have the energy to capture all those thingies sticking out of that thing?"
Well I really wanted to paint these flowers and so I decided step into a quick sketch first to break down the shape.
I selected one and reminded myself to keep it as simple as possible.
I worked the drawing more than intended (I always do) however that is the purpose of drawing it first.
When I become familiar with the main shapes I can let go of the less important.
KEEP WHAT COUNTS!
As it turns out I didn’t really need to do all the little bits to illustrate the impression.
A few were all it needed.
Indecently this is known as a native to western Australia but it grows here in eastern Victoria.
The bush is a bit diseased but I would think that is from neglect. It is left to fend for itself.

No comments:



 
The Positive Spirit Blog