Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Clydesdales - Hoddles Creek Draft Horse Festival

clydesdales oil painting tutorial
Progress to date 19.10.06

This is a work in progress and I will add comments later.
I have just down brushes and after painting for 9 hours i am too tired to post comments just now.
Oil on stretched canvas

48 x 30 inches ( approx 4 x 2.5 ft)
No wonder I am tired.

Stage one - not done today - started about 18 months ago.

Detail



This is what I started with today.


Todays progress photos 11.10.06
Stage one Glaze with warm colours















This where i finished for the day - To be continued..........
I made the figures larger.


Update: 19.10.06
And so far but not happy with it - one of those paintings that I am going to have to work hard on.
I had to change the proportions of the closest horse's head and minor things on the others. The backgound is what is taking the time. I cant seem to settle on what to do with it yet.



1 comment:

Roland Mechael said...

love this painting! and thanks for sharing your day by day progress as you work...



 
The Positive Spirit Blog