Sunday, July 02, 2006

Illustration Friday - sticky



I am ruined. I downloaded the trial version of painter and played on it tonight for three and a half hours.
My fate is sealed – I am hooked already – I am in love – it is wonderful.
I wanted to spend some time doing some illustration work and have decided to participate in Illustration Friday so I can stretch my illustration skills. I wanted to be a children’s book illustrator when I was younger but were put off after a rejection from a publisher.
Goodness, I was only 18 and had no idea back then.
Anyway, here is my result form the theme “sticky”. I think every mum will relate to this dilemma.
You can clean the floor a dozen times after a cordial spill but it is still STICKY Ahhhh!
My little tot is bound to escape even a frown with that cute look.

Oh, the things I could do with this program – LOOK OUT!
Goodness, I wish it were not so expensive. I have two months to play then I have to find $600AU ouch.
Anyhoooo ready to post a quick play now. Next post see my pup!
Woops - one reader asked me what Cordial was. Americans may call it Syrup.
Sorry - cordial is um.....syrup? You know you mix it with water to make a drink.

7 comments:

Bron Smith said...

A cute little kid you drew. I hope you enjoy your two months of experimentation with your new program. Photoshop, or Painter...sometimes it's hard to tell the difference.

potatomamma said...

Hey Kayleen!
I´s really cute, I love what you did with the topic, and with painter. I have the program too, and like it lots as well. About your note regarding being rejected as a children book illustrator - I´m glad you kept painting! You should try getting into kids books again, your illu is really cute. Don´t give up, rejection is part of the business =)
Best, Astrid, info@potatomammadesign.com

Momma Pajama said...

Hi Kayleen, do you know anyone who works for the company who makes the program?? No kidding, the same thing just happened to me. I just downloaded the trial for Illustrator and asked a friend of a friend who worked at Adobe and he bought it for me at 5% of the regular price! Ask your friends, siblings if they know anyone - you could get lucky!

Momma Pajama said...

I feel for you about I.F. downloading. I have a love/hate relationship with it! I think I finally get it though - my 12 year old showed me how for the 5th time!

Ellen said...

Lovely little illo! Glad to see you back on track with your art! There are a lot of us in here who are trying to revive our talents second time around! Welcome!!

Franfou said...

nice coloring and reflect !!!

Alina Chau said...

Lovely cute illo!



 
The Positive Spirit Blog